Restrictions by Room Type and Rate Plan (Min Stay and STOP).
We have added new daily restrictions at the level of Room Type and Rate Plan in addition to the already existing rate restrictions. Thanks to these levels, you could easily and quickly manage the Min Stay and STOP restrictions for multiple rates. They will be reflected both in bookings via the system and in the sales - WRS, BookDirect, and channel managers. The restrictions can be accessed by going to Rates Management->More-> Room Type Restrictions and Rate Plan Restrictions. The Room Type restrictions have the highest priority, followed by the Rate Plan ones.
- Room Type Restrictions - on the new screen, you have a daily view, as here, similar to the "Days" section, you can see info on the Hotel Occupancy and Room Type Occupancy (1). For your convenience, you can filter the view for a specific period and restriction (e.g. 5 days and only STOP).
Through the new view, you could stop the sales of all rates connected to one or multiple room types. Through the controls in the “Hotel”(2) the restrictions are applied to absolutely all active room types of the hotel. This way you can quickly stop the sale of all hotel rooms for a specific date.
- 'Min Stay' Restriction by Room Type will overwrite the ones set at the previous levels.
- STOP Restriction - at any level, it will lead to the product sale stop.
- Rate Plan Restrictions - a daily view of rate plans with the possibility for filtering by period and restriction. Additionally, info on hotel occupancy can be shown.
To set or remove a given restriction, click in the respective field. With 'Min Stay', the allowed values are equal to 2 or greater. Select the 'Min Stay' value from the upper right corner.
Checkout and Room Change discrepancy tracking.
As the housekeeping management model is based on housekeeping tasks, in certain situations, the rooms remained clean despite the fact they should be indicated as dirty. Such situations were related to early departures or room changes occurring after the generation of the housekeeping tasks for the day. To avoid the issues with guests, we have added additional logic addressing such discrepancies:
- Room Change - with each room change (also in the cases of marking a room change as 'Done') a task is created for the old room. The old room is marked as dirty, and the task description will specify the room to which the guest is moved (Room changed to: ...). This way, if necessary, you can move the specific room stocking as per the booking.
- Checkout - with the booking checkout, an early or normal one, if, for some reason, the room is clean, a housekeeping task is created for the room with the "Dirty" status and the following description: "Checkout discrepancy".
Import from a CSV file
A New improved import of CSV files is already available through the navigation bar: Other functionalities->Import from CSV file. Apart from the new looks, we have also made changes to the data processing to further optimize it. For each imported file, you can see:
- Lines - total number of lines to be processed;
- Pending- lines still being processed;
- Failed- lines for which there are errors. For each line here you will see the respective details;
- Imported- a number of imported lines.
For each file run in a test mode, now you can easily make an import through the "Import" button, i.e. you don't need to re-upload the file to the system. If a certain import takes more time than expected, you can terminate the process through the "Drop". The operation will be terminated at the reached point of progress.
We have added additional import codes. For import purposes, we have added a new mapping model - multiple SynXis codes for one PMS+. This way you can easily map all derived rates from SynXis, for example, to the respective PMS+ rate. It will significantly simplify the mapping, reduce the number of products to be maintained and eliminate the necessity for multiple PMS+ rates. In the import of a booking, the code coming from the XML is searched in the mapping and if a match is found, the respective PMS+ rate is mapped. This way you won't lose details of marketing segments, packages, and City Tax coming from the rate.
To set additional import codes, open the Room type/Rate tab, edit the rate mapping, and add the codes to the 'Additional SynXis codes' field.
We have made changes to the duration of the order life of the cart. In other words, this is the allowed time from the point the booking process starts and the addition of rooms to the cart to the moment of the booking finalization. Up till now, there were no restrictions in terms of this time period leading to unpleasant situations, in which guests were able to book rooms at promotional rates despite the fact that the promotion itself had expired days before that. This is why we have made the following change - we keep the rooms (and the respective prices) in the cart for a maximum period of 6 hours. Please note that this restriction is only applicable if the customer has started the checkout process.
Now you have the option to use deposit amounts from a document whose currency is different from the one in the document where you use this amount.
The KIOSK login through the booking number is no longer case-sensitive. This way the system login is significantly easier if the hotel has configured a text for the prefix or suffix of the booking number.
- Phone calls - fixed the conflict leading to a wrong duration of phone calls.
- We have changed the method of the booking balance calculation - as a first step of adding a new model of working with deposits, now deposit folios are added with their balance to the booking balance. In case the deposit folio balance is 0 (charges = payments), it will not change the booking balance. Coming soon: the rest of the changes related to deposit folios.
- LightSpeed K series - In some edge cases the users of Clock PMS+ could force import the end-of-day sales from LightSpeed K series POS twice (from two sequential dates). Additional checks are added to prevent that from happening.
- Greek fiscalization - The fiscal response QR code is now smaller to better fit the document printouts.
- TourX - The email validation now skips the blank email address fields as the email is not required.
- INSEE - To control exactly which data should be exported to INSEE, you can now define room types to be excluded from the number of nights and arriving guests. This setting aims at covering the cases where fictitious room types are configured to serve various purposes like daily use, etc. but do not physically exist and hence should not be exported to INSEE. Additionally, to let you perfectly match the INSEE requirements, the virtual rooms are excluded from the export to prevent duplications.