This group of settings includes some of the most important system settings. Use them to determine how the tax on services will be calculated and if any surcharge (service fee) needs to be applied by default. Here you can also configure how the documents you issue from Clock POS are numbered.
To configure the tax settings, from the POS home screen select Management->Tax Settings.
Use these groups of settings to define:
- Tax mode (1) - the mode type determines how the info in your invoices will be arranged and the method of tax calculation. Clock POS provides its users with a wide range of tax modes. Before selecting the mode matching your way of work, please familiarise yourselves with their specifics HERE.
- Tax name (2) - enter a short name for the tax. For example, VAT, TVA, MWSt, Moms, GST, Tax, etc.
- Account default currency (3) - select your account's currency.
This section is used for setting up the numbering details for different elements of Clock PMS. For the setup of each number generator, you have the following fields:
- Next Number (1) - Next number to be used. If the number is too long, you will get an error message. Use 'Number Length', 'Prefix' and 'Suffix' to set the number format desired. In the following examples, the number '100' is used.
- Number Length (2) - Use this field to expand the 'Next Number' length with leading zeros. Example: '9'. The resulting number will be 9 digits long with the leading zeros – '000000100'.
- Number Prefix (3) - Add a prefix to the resulting number.
Example 1: '5'. The resulting number will be '5000000100'.
Example 2: 'INV-'. The resulting number will be 'INV-000000100'.
- Number Suffix (4) - Add a suffix to the resulting number.
Example 1: '/CR'. The resulting number will be '5000000100/CR'.
Example 2: '-2015'. The resulting number will be 'INV-000000100-2015'.
A list of the system elements having a number generator:
- Bill Number (5) - It allows you to change the next Bill number.
- Cash payment number (6) - It allows you to change the next cash payment number.
- Order generator (7) - It allows you to change the next order number,
- Invoice generators (8,9) - These are number generators for the default positive and negative value documents.
You can set a surcharge fee to apply to all folios in Clock PMS+. The surcharge is defined as a percent and is automatically calculated on the basis of the folio value. With the change of the folio value – the surcharge is also recalculated automatically.
The basis for the calculation of a surcharge is the value of the charges posted. Depending on the tax mode selected and the respective surcharge basis (the value of the charges), it may or may not include tax.
- Surcharge percent (1) - enter the surcharge %;
Important: entering a percentage here will enable adding a surcharge automatically to all bills. If you apply a surcharge only in certain cases, leave the Surcharge percent field empty.
- Surcharge calculated on (2):
- Posted value - based on the posted amount of the charges
- Net value - based on the net value of the charges
- Gross value - based on the gross value of the charges
- Surcharge text (3) - The way you would like it to appear on the folio.
- Surcharge tax percent (4) - Tax percent to be levied on the surcharge
- Tax code (5) - (leave it empty)
- Print text (6) - Optional. In this field you can enter what you would like the system to reflect as a surcharge service. If you leave the field empty, the service will appear in the invoice the way you have entered it in the ''Text'' field).
This functionality allows you to customise the discount template when you use the "Discount" option in the bill.
Clicking on the "New /Edit" button you will be able to choose:
- Text - the default name for the discount template
- Revenue Category - you can choose from any revenue category created for revenue group "Discount"
Important: When using the 'Discount' functionality in the bills, the discount charge will always be in the revenue group 'Discount'. With the above setting, you can simply assign a revenue category as well.
The Revenue Categories in Clock POS work in an absolutely identical way to the ones in Clock PMS+. You can find out more about them in our article.
The only difference between the two systems is that in Clock POS, the Revenue groups are focused more on an F&B establishment, while in the PMS+, on a hotel.
In Clock POS you have the following revenue groups, under which, you can create as many sub-groups (categories) as you need:
Important: When transferring bills (menu items) from the POS to the PMS+ folio, the menu items will keep the revenue groups and categories with which you have created them within the POS, even though those groups/categories are not available in the PMS+.