This setting requires the 'Users - Create and Edit' right granted and an active MFA!
The users in Clock PMS+ are used for:
- Restricting access to different functions, data and accounts.
- Tracking changes, actions and control events by each individual user.
- Cashier and End of the day reports.
The subscription holder is the user (email) of the initial subscription in Clock.
The subscription holder has full administrative access to the system.
The subscription holder's email can be changed through the system. To do so:
- Log in with the subscription holder email
- Go to Settings -> All Settings -> Users
- Edit the subscription holder
- Click the 'Change account owner's email' button
- Fill in the new subscription holder email
- After confirming the change to the subscription holder, a random password will be generated. Please copy it, log out, log in with the new subscription holder and the copied random password. Now you can change the password by editing the new subscription holder.
- After successfully changing the subscription holder please contact us at email@example.com using the new holder's email address and notify us about the change. We will send the support portal activation message to the new subscription holder's email address.
To Add or Edit users go to Settings -> All Settings -> Users. The available users in the subscription will load on the screen. The subscription holder is marked with two key icons on the user list. Regular users who have been granted the 'User: Create and Edit' right are also administrators, being marked with one key icon.
In order to add a new user, click the Add button and fill in the respective fields:
- Username (1): The username must be unique. It is recommended to use stronger (longer and unusual) usernames for better protection. It cannot be changed after the user creation.
- Full name (2): Full personal name. Optional.
- User group (3): If selected, it will grant the user all rights applied for the group (more details can be found here.
- Email (4): Optional.
- Language (5): The language of the user interface for this user.
- First day of the week (6): Optional.
- Network (7):
- Unrestricted: The user can access Clock PMS+/POS from any network (location).
- Trusted only: The user can access Clock PMS+/POS only through a network added to the 'Trusted networks' list.
Learn more about user access security.
- Auto Logout Idle Minutes (8): The user will automatically be logged out if no action is taken for the selected time frame. The maximum value is 720.
- Password and Password confirmation (9): It is recommended to use stronger (longer and unusual) passwords for better protection.
- Change password on next login (10): If you activate the option, with the next login to the system, the user will be prompted to change their password with one of their choosing.
- Grant Account Access (11): Mark the the accounts to be accessible by the user;
Delegation of rights
The rights of a user can be given through a user group to which the same has been assigned or to be individually selected for this user. See how you can manage rights through User groups.
Rights are divided into several groups. Under each right, you will find a short description of its purpose. Rights are marked with "*CE" are related to control events tracked in the control reports. Over each group, you have quick buttons to select/deselect (12) all rights in it.
Rights granted through a user group are indicated with a special icon and are managed through the group. To these rights, you can assign additional ones by marking them for the specific user.
Users: Search Options
As we have already mentioned users are common for the entire subscription and you can manage them through each PMS or POS account.
Tip: If a specific user is not listed in the table on the Users screen - select 'All Users' from the filter field(14).
In Clock PMS+ and Clock POS, you can search for users by name or full name too:
- Go to Settings -> All Settings -> Users
- In the search field (13), enter the user name or full name
- From the filter field (14) , use the filter to search in All Users, Active Users or PMS/POS accounts
Find the user and click the “Edit” button in its row. In the Edit mode for a user, you can simultaneously grant (and see) the access rights to all accounts, regardless of the system used (Clock PMS+ or POS).
Important: Once set, the username cannot be changed.
To change a password, enter the new password in the Password and Password confirmation fields.
- Change Accounts and Rights if needed.
- In the Edit mode you can select which To-Dos to be tracked by a user. To do so, click the 'To-Do Channels' button (15) and tick the necessary To-Do channels.
Once created, a user cannot be deleted, so that full change log can be kept. Instead, users can be deactivated.
- Access the Edit screen of the user and click "Deactivate!"(16) . You can also select the "Deactivate!" option from the drop-down menu of the "Edit" button in the row of the user.
- To Activate an inactive user, open the Edit screen of the user and click the "Activate" button.
- You can limit the access of a given user without deactivating it. Access the Edit screen of this user and exclude the rights and accounts that are to be inaccessible to this user. Save.