Rooms are individual rentable units. Depending on the type of property they can be: Apartments, Villas, Bungalows, Beds, Plots, etc.
From the navigation menu select Settings->All Settings->Rooms->Rooms
Creation of a booking unit
To create a single unit, click on the red '+' button -> Add Room:
- Number(1) - enter the unit number/name.
- Room type(2) - select the unit type.
- Description(3) - in-house description of the unit.
- Location(4) - specific location of the unit (for more info, see Here.
- Active period(5) - for more info, see Room deactivation.
- Room features(6) - for more info, see Here
- Housekeeping sector(7) - you can specify the housekeeping sector of the room. It is used in Housekeeping reports.
Room Door code(s) and Common door codes(8) - used only if a Door Lock system is connected to Clock PMS+. More details are provided based on the type of door lock system used.
Floor(9) - Indicate the floor of the room. Used in the 'Rooms plan' where you can filter rooms by a certain floor.
Creation of multiple booking units
To create multiple units at once, click on the tab 'Mass edit'. The screen allows you to quickly enter and edit multiple rooms at once:
- Click on the brown '+' button and using the buttons 'Add Room' or 'Add multiple rooms' you can add units from the same screen and directly enter or edit their settings.
- The available fields are - Number, Room type, Description, Location, Room door code(s), Common door codes and Housekeeping sector.
Each newly created unit will be active from the first day of 2 months preceding the unit creation date, i.e. if you create the room on 7 April, it will be active from as early as 1 Feb.
While in the Room section click on the "Sort order" button at the top of the page. You can drag each unit in order to apply the desired sorting. On the operating screens, you can see the rooms in the sorting order you have selected. If you do not apply a sorting order, the system will order them alphabetically.
Upon creating a room, a room activation start date is automatically set (if the user themselves does not set such one). You can also set a room deactivation end date. After this date, the room will no longer be in use and the hotel capacity will be reduced. The Total number of all active rooms for each date determines the hotel capacity for each specific date.
To deactivate a room, go to the navigation bar and select Settings->All Settings->Rooms->Rooms:
- Find the room on the list and open it for edit;
- Set an end date for the Active period field and save.
Outside this time frame, the room will not be included in the hotel's capacity.
Important: You are not advised to often change the time framework for a room. If one room is excluded from the hotel capacity (the room's activity period has expired), to re-include it, you need to re-enter it.
Setup of auto allocation
In the 'Other' tab, you will find the settings through which you can determine the system behaviour for the auto room allocation.
Auto room allocation
If enabled: The system will try to automatically allocate a free room to each room type booking upon booking creation. This way all bookings from a channel manager, the WRS, imports, etc. will automatically get a room number if there are available rooms. The function is activated on booking creation only and will not overwrite the selected room (in case the booking was created with a selected room).
If disabled: The system will not allocate a room upon booking creation.
Random room allocation
This option controls the principle used for the auto allocation of the free rooms (if more than 1). Apart from the above setting, the auto room allocation can also be enabled by a user for selected bookings.
If enabled: The auto allocation will allocate a randomly selected free room. This way, room usage will be balanced out over time.
If disabled: The auto allocation will allocate the first free room from the list. This way, room usage will follow the room sort order.