OOS type statuses are used for temporarily making a room not sellable. This could be due to a maintenance issue, the use of the room for internal purposes, renovation, and others.
You can create different types of room statuses. The rooms having such a status will not be available for booking, but they will be included in the capacity.
Creation OOS type
To add an OOS type, from the Navigation bar select Settings–>All Settings->Rooms->OOS types and click the '+' button.
Enter a name and choose Room Calendar colour for each of them.
OOS type use
Once set, the OOS types can be selected for each of the rooms through the context menu of the 'Room Calendar' and 'Rooms Plan' screens. You can also enter a description for each status.
Enter the start and end date of the period in which the room will temporarily not be sellable. For a greater clarity, you can also fill in an additional description of each status.
On the 'Room Calendar' screen you will see these rooms designated in the respective colour. All OOS status rooms will be stopped for sale for the respective period.
- The main difference between the rooms marked as OOS type and the deactivated ones is that the former participate in the hotel capacity. An exception to the rule is the 'Occupancy and Charges' report where they are excluded;
- On the 'Occupancy Forecast' screen the OOS type rooms are accounted for, as follows:
- For each room type:
- on the 'Room statuses'row, you will see the number of rooms that are deducted from the available ones for sale due to the fact that they have one of the OOS statuses set in your system;
- on the 'FREE' row, you will see the remaining rooms available for sale upon the deduction of the ones having an OOS status;
- For the property (hotel): the 'Total OCCUPIED' and 'Total OCCUPIED %' rows also include the rooms having an OOS status.
- For each room type:
- In the 'Occupancy and Charges D-M-Y' report, the OOS status rooms are NOT included in the 'Occupied %' indicator.
Editing OOS status of a room
The easiest way to access the OOS status to change it is through the context menu of one of the two screens - "Room Calendar" and "Room Plan":
- Open the screen for the specific period or date within which the OOS status falls;
- In the row of the room, click the cell that is part of of the OOS status (Room Calendar) or the room itself (Room Plan) to open the menu;
- Use one of possible options to edit, delete or shorten the status up to the respective date.
History of the OOS status changes
It supports a chronological journal of all changes to the OOS statuses. You can access the journal through the Out of Service Rooms Report:
- From the navigation menu, select Reports->All Reports;
- From the 'Occupancy and Blocks' group, run the 'Out of Service Rooms Report' for the respective date;
- You will see a list of the rooms having active OOS statuses for the date. Click the room number to see the history of all its OOS statuses;
- Here you can also edit or delete an OOS status. Use the "eye" icon button to receive detailed info of the changes to the specific OOS status.