Deposits - New Model
If you use Deposit Folios, this new model might be of interest to you. Please note that the model only applies to working with Deposit Folios, and, in particular, the cases where you need to issue an invoice for a prepaid amount.
Here is a comparison of the two models:
The current model
- You create a deposit folio, in which you add payment. You close it and issue an invoice for the amount accepted.
- When the paid amount is used, which is done through the ‘Get Deposit from…’ function, the following happens:
- A payment with a positive value in the receiving folio;
- A payment with a negative value in the Deposit folio;
- A credit note in the Deposit folio;
The new model
- There is no difference in recording the payment and issuing the invoice.
- The use of the amount is done through a new ‘Deduct advance payment’ button in the charges section.
The result is:
A negative value charge is created in the receiving folio. Unlike the old model, instead of creating two payments and a credit note, the new model creates one negative charge. For the charge in the receiving folio, there is information about exactly which deposit folio it is related to. In the printout, as well as on the screen, you can easily tell exactly which deposit folio it originated from.
- In the deposit folio, we have added a new ‘Deducted advance payments’ section, which shows all the use of the deposit and exactly which receiving folio it occurred in.
The new model also offers a much easier way to cancel a deposit use operation, in case of an error for example. All you need to do is cancel the deposit use charge in the receiving folio.
The two models of operation are fully compatible. This means that they can also be used together, including in cases where, for a given deposit folio, you have already used part of it through the old method.
For the sake of clarity, we have added a ‘Used advanced payment’ new column reflecting this in several reports:
- Trial balance
- Guest Ledger
- Deposit Ledger
- Company Ledger
To help you manage which of the two methods to use (or both), we've added two new settings to the Tax Settings menu
- Transfer payment: The setting manages the previous model. By default it is on.
- Deduct charges: The setting controls the new model. By default it is off.
- SixPayments - added a new virtual terminal setting: 3DS transactions terminal.
Online Check-in - we have added the ability to easily track each pre-checked-in booking.
For bookings having a successfully completed pre-check-in cycle (the guest has gone through the required steps and signed), an indication will be added to both the Arrival and In Hotel lists, as well as the booking screen itself.
If you decide that the customer needs to go through the Online Check-In steps again, you can now do a so-called reset of the status. This way your customers can review the information they originally entered, add missing information or make any corrections if needed.
To finalize the process they need to sign.
Resetting the status is only applicable for bookings marked as Checked-in online. The feature can be used from the booking screen through the Functions menu -> Reset Online Checked-in
In addition, thanks to these changes, you could also prepare a mailing campaign with our Guest Mailer, where there is a filter set to account for this type of bookings (Pre-checked-in).
Company Contracts - change to the behavior regarding their Validity for the easier management of sales.
The expiry date that can be set for each company contract, is now treated as the end date for bookings. No stay is allowed after this date.
A company with a contract that is valid until 01.04.2022;
Any stay with departure on or before 01.04.2022 is allowed and can be booked;
Any stay with departure after 01.04.2022 or arrival after this date is NOT allowed and therefore cannot be booked;
When searching in the Online Booking System with the relevant Company Code, an unavailability message will be displayed if the search includes dates after the specified end date..
Please note: If you have selected individual rates in the Rate section of your company and at the same time you have a contract with an expiry date, the individual rates offered will also be limited by the contract condition.
- Elavon - new setting for tipping via the terminal. If you wish to stop asking for a tip on the corresponding device, you can now do so from the terminal settings in Clock PMS+.
- AJPES - corrected the address to which requests are sent.