As with each operation and sale, documentation is a big part of the process. It is vital to have complete and correct documents in order to have your staff and outlet prepared on one side, and have everything you have discussed and agreed on with the organizers confirmed in writing, on the other.
By default, in Clock PMS+ you have 3 document types which you can use, each with its own pre-configured template. You can preview each of the documents from the 'Preview' button on an event page:
Note: The documents through the 'Preview' button always use the default, built-in template (created by Clock PMS+). Furthermore, since it is a preview, you cannot edit the document. You have the opportunity to create your own custom templates of the documents and also make changes to them before sending to the client/department. See more information about this below.
The Function sheet is designed for your internal organization of the event. The layout is well-structured by having each day of the event on a separate page. Thus it is easier to see the tasks for the respective date. Furthermore it contains all information about the Event, Meeting Room bookings and catering activities forming a complete source of information for your staff.
Banquet Event Order
The Banquet Event Order (BEO) is designed for the purposes of correspondence with customers. It contains prices, calculations, and amounts. For a greater customer convenience, it has been implemented as a representation of the event as a whole. The BEO can be considered the Offer for the event which you can send the organizer. A major upside of the BEO is that it contains pricing for the hotel room blocks (if a rate/price is attached to the block).
The info invoice is similar to the BEO but in more compact format. However, it does not contain pricing of room blocks.
Event Document section
As mentioned, through the 'Preview' button you can only generate the documents in our built-in template, you cannot send the document via email and cannot make any modifications to the content.
All of these actions, however, are possible through the 'Event Document' section on the event page.
This section can be used for several purposes:
- generate an Offer (BEO) and send it to the organizer for review and possibly signature and deposit payment (if you utilize the Online Event confirmation app)
- generate a Function sheet and send it to your e.g. Event manager/department.
- generate any other emails that you have created for Events (see below) and send them to the organizer, keeping an archive of the sent emails on the event page.
- document and save (even without sending to the customer) each step of the negotiations with the customer, giving you a history of how the event requirements/prices/conditions changed throughout the negotiations.
In order to generate a document, simply click the '+Add' button in the Event Document section, select the template you want to generate/send (both the built-in and your custom templates will be offered) and the Language in which the template should be generated.
Note: The built-in templates are translated for a number of languages (Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and other) If you use custom ones, you need to make sure you create them for each language you will use.
Once you proceed to the next step, you will be able to add contact information of the person for who this document is intended and add an internal description and/or change the subject. After clicking 'Create', the document will be generated with all the information. You are able to make modifications to the template at this stage. Once you check that everything is correct, click on 'Save'.
Note: If you have a 'Contact person' attached to the event, their details will be automatically populated here.
The next screen will show you the final document, contact details, internal description and more. You can send it via email to the organizer, edit it, print it, or simply keep it internally as information.
You have the flexibility to create all kinds of different messages/documents related to Events which you can use internally or also for communicating with organizers. Those can be just custom versions of our built-in documents - BEO and Function sheets or completely different templates that meet your needs.
To create custom documents navigate to menu Settings-> All Settings-> Event Document Templates-> click on 'Add' and apply a name for that template. Once you save, click on the green 'Templates' button to start creating your template.
- External editor (1) - select which editor you will use to build your template. We generally recommend using the 'Visual builder' as it is a powerful and user-friendly tool to create templates (see more info below). The 'Legacy' editor requires HTML and coding experience.
- Language selector (2) - if you offer different languages to your guests, you can also create your Event documents in those languages. Click on the orange button to select for which language you are creating the template.
- Email subject (3) - enter a subject of the email that will be used when sending.
- Email Body Template (4) - click on 'Edit' to start creating your template.
- Apply your design examples (5) - you can find HTML code of two documents which you can use in both the Visual and Legacy editors.
- Full structural examples (6) - additional examples of documents, however, these can only be used in the Legacy editor.
Modules for events in the Visual Builder
As stated in the Visual Builder article, there are ready-to-use modules available which you can simply drag and drop into your template. To utilize them, edit your template, click on the 'Modules' tab on the left, scroll to the 'Events' section and drag and drop the module you would like to use. You can then apply change to its design and appearance.