The Event page is your one-stop-shop for everything Event related. Meeting room bookings, blocks, catering activities cannot be created without having an Event page first. See below how to create an event and what information you can input.
To create an event navigate to menu Event-> New Event. The following page will open where you can input the details.
- Name (1) - enter a name of the event. Required and visible on guest-facing features.
- Guarantee status (2) - select the guarantee status of the Event. You can choose from 4 statuses:
- Allotment - usually applied if you use an Event for the purpose of managing allotment agreements with a company or tour operator through room blocks. Quite often, these allotments do not get fulfilled, hence, blocks in an 'allotment' event will NOT reduce the availability or the room types and the units will be available for sale elsewhere.
- Optional - can be used when there is interest by organizers to organize an event, but nothing concrete yet. Room blocks in an 'Optional' event will NOT reduce availability of the room types.
- Non-guaranteed - use this when the Event will be going ahead and you are awaiting the guarantee (e.g. deposit payment). Room blocks in a 'Non-guaranteed' event WILL reduce the availability of the room types.
- Guaranteed - use this when all guarantee conditions (e.g. deposit) have been met. Room blocks in a 'Guaranteed' event WILL reduce the availability of the room types.
- Company (3) - select a company profile organizing the event. Required field.
- Agent (4) - select an Agent profile through which the event is being organized. Optional.
Important: You can have both selected (company 'X' is organizing an event through Agent 'Y'). When the event is such that a company/agent is not involved, create a company profile for the purpose of the event. For example, if there is a wedding, you can create a company profile - 'John and Mary wedding'.
- Contact Person (5) - you can select a 'Contact person' for the event.
- Arrival/Departure (6) - enter the start and end date of the Event. Required.
- Notes (7) - you can add notes about the event - e.g. a general description of your event package. Optional and visible on guest-facing features.
- Links (8) - you can enter any website link related to the event. Optional.
- Cut-off days (9) - you can set a release period for this event. Optional.
- Event start date: 10 March. Duration - 3 days.
- Cut-off days: 7
- On 4th of March, unused (not converted) room blocks for the 10th of March will be released.
- On 5th of March, unused (not converted) room blocks for the 11th of March will be released.
- On 6th of March, unused (not converted) room blocks for the 12th of March will be released.
- Expiry date (10) - you can set a date on which any unused (not converted) room blocks will automatically be released for sale. Optional.
Apart from the above, you can also add additional information:
- Deposit amount (1) - enter a required deposit amount. The amount is visible in the offers. More importantly, it will be used by the Event Confirmation App to require payment from the organizer in order to confirm the event. Optional.
- Colour (2) - select a color for this event which will be applied in the Room Calendar if you enable events to show.
- Assigned to User (3) - select which user is this Event assigned to. Useful for the Event search where you can search for events assigned to a specific user. Optional.
- Tags (4) - add a tag for this event. Useful for the Event search where you can search for events with a specific tag. Furthermore, extremely useful for the Copy function. Type a tag and when you save, it will be available in the drop-down menu to select for other events. Optional.
- Customer cost centre (5) - add a cost centre number if the organizer requires such for their invoice. Optional.
- Assigned to department (6) - select to which department this Event is assigned. Useful for the Event search where you can search for events assigned to a specific department. Type a department and when you save, it will be available in the drop-down menu to select for other events. Optional.
- Marketing source/channel/segment (7) - select Marketing segments for this event. Optional.
- Client requirements (8) - you can use this field to specify that everything is ready in relation to the clarification of the client requirements for the event. In the Event search, you can easily find the events still having details to be clarified.