Correctional folios - an entirely new approach
We have implemented a new and easy mechanism for issuing partial correction folios.
We have significantly changed the way of issuing correction folios to eliminate the number of errors and speed up the process.
- With the new approach, it is not necessary to calculate the value of the correction and manually post charges. What you need to do is fill in the amount of the correct price or the charge quantity, i.e. directly correct the document you have issued. The system itself will calculate the difference and create the respective correctional charges.
Example: If the overnight stay price in a closed folio is 150, but the correct value is 120. What you need to do is fill in 120 in the place of 150 for each overnight stay. As a result, the system will create a correction folio with the charges for each overnight stay to the value of -30.
- It is not possible to credit more than the invoiced amount. The system tracks all issued corrections to the folio and accumulates the changes. This way you cannot credit more than what has been invoiced.
Example: We will continue with the previous example. Let's imagine that upon the issue of the first correction, it turns out that the right price was not 120, but 110. Upon opening the new correction, you will see the accumulated amounts as a result of the corrections made so far, i.e. instead of 150, what was the initial price, you will see a price of 120. Once again, fill in the correct price, in this case, it is 110. The system will calculate the difference, create the new correctional charges to the amount of - 10 and issue a correction folio.
- We have added additional control when issuing a full correction to forbid the operation, if you have already issued a partial correction folio.
- A limitation of the correction issue module is that if for a given charge, you have already issued a correction regarding the price, then you cannot issue a correction regarding the quantity and vice versa. The system will inform you of the specific documents used for reflecting the corrections, so if you need, you can void them and start correcting the charge all over again.
We have added new automation instruments (1) to accompany the issue of corrections with the aim of additionally facilitating and speeding up the process:
- Mass population of correct values for selected charges. For multiple selected charges, you can fill in the correct value at once.
- Discounted price calculation. The feature can automatically calculate a certain discount percentage for selected charges. The price in each of the rows will be decreased by the calculated value in relation to the percentage, and a credit folio will be issued for the difference. Please note that in contrast to the "Discount" feature in the open folio leading to the addition of a separate charge with a negative value, with the corrections, the "Discount" feature rectifies the price of the selected charges.
- Row voiding. Through this quick feature, a credit folio is issued for the selected rows, as the charges have either negative quantities, or negative prices depending on whether there are previous partial credit notes.
- Search filters. When making the corrections, similar to the "Charges" screen, you can use the charge filters to quickly find the charges that need to be corrected.
More info on the new feature can be found in the Creating correction documents article.
It is a new feature to ease your work, if you find an error in a closed folio. The folio re-opening feature does not violate the reporting principles. It combines several operations to facilitate the process:
- Creates a new open folio by copying all details of the old folio.
- Copies all charges of the old folio.
- Moves the payments from the old folio to a new one. It is a new mechanism that is different from a transfer of payments. A transfer of payments creates additional positive or negative payments. The disadvantage of this method is that you see a payment transfer about which you don't know how the payment was actually made. If it is a credit card payment, then you cannot make a chargeback. In contrast to a transfer, the payment moving works differently. It moves the original payment from the old folio to a new one. This way the new folio has clear info of the date and type of the payment, as well as you can use the chargeback feature.
- Voids the old folio - this is the final step of the Folio re-opening feature.
Voiding folio with payment moving
Up till now, with the folio voiding, everything, including the payments were voided. In certain situations, however, the payment is correct and it should not be voided along with folio. Here is why, similar to the new folio re-opening feature, we have added an option to specify if you wish to move the payment to another folio when voiding a folio. If it is a credit card payment, this way you use the chargeback feature.
Customisation of folio printouts
We have added multiple new settings to let you easily customise the layout of folio printouts. As a whole, the settings are related, except for certain columns and sections of the folio printout. Here are your options:
- Top, bottom, right and left margins in millimetres. You can use these options, if you use company letterhead paper for folio printing.
- hide the Net value column;
- hide the Tax percent column;
- hide the Tax value column;
- hide Gross value column;
- hide the Source of charges row - charge grouping by bookings or another source
- hide the Payments table - the payment section;
- hide Payment details - the details of each payment;
- hide Payment term days;
- hide the 'This is not a final Folio/Invoice!' label;
- hide Tax table - the breakdown by tax rates.
Note: The settings related to the margins and the charges table refer to both standard and custom printing forms.
To change the settings, from the navigation menu, go to Settings->All Settings (new) and select "Folio Printing - defaults" in the "Documents" section.