With the Guest Mailer
, you can automatically or manually send different email templates to your guests for various purposes. You can use these emails to reduce the number of no-show bookings by reminding guests of their bookings and the features of the Self-service portal they can use (cancellation, period change), as well as to encourage guests to use the Self Service portal to leave feedback or share their experience on social networks:
You can create and set up a new email template following the steps below:
- Go to 'Other' - 'Settings' - 'Guest Mailer'.
- Add a new template through the 'Add' button.
- Name the template depending on its purpose. The name of the template cannot be edited after its creation.
- No CSS - Use this option to prevent the inclusion of standard Bootstrap CSS in your email template. This can be useful, if you have a ready-to-use template with its own CSS styles.
- For automatic email sending:
- Select 'On' for the Auto Send field after having filled in all the fields, created the content of the respective email and having sent it for a test booking manually.
- In the Send on the field, select whether the period for sending emails to start from: Date and Time of Booking Creation; Arrival Date (the default arrival time is 12:00h); Departure Date (the default departure time is 12:00h).
- In the Time range field, fill in the number of hours from the point chosen above, after which an email is to be sent, e.g.:
- After booking creation - the number of hours after booking creation, after which an email is to be sent. These emails are sent to expected bookings only.
Note: If you set a period of 120h (5 days), emails will be sent on the fifth day after the creation of the respective bookings, provided that they are still expected.
- Before arrival - the number of hours before 12:00 on the arrival date. These emails are only sent for expected bookings. Note: If you set a period of 120h (5 days), all the bookings having been created in the last 5 days will not receive an email, because the moment for sending the emails is missed. Also, you are advised not to enter very short periods, if you have an early check-in, i.e. if you have check-in from 8:00h, you should not enter a value less than 4h (12:00h minus 4 hours makes 8:00h). Otherwise, all the bookings with early check-in will not receive an email, as the guests will have been checked in prior to the email sending.
- Up to arrival - the number of hours up to arrival. In contrast to the 'Before arrival', If you set 'Up to arrival' to 120 hours (5 days), then all bookings, even the last-minute ones, will receive an email. The sending will start 120 hours before arrival, and the last-minute bookings will be sent an email with their very creation.
- After arrival - the number of hours after arrival (fill in 0, if you desire email sending immediately after arrival or enter 24, 48, etc. This way emails will be sent after 1, 2 or more days after arrival. Emails will be sent for checked-in bookings only.
- Before departure - the number of hours before departure. As with all of the rest templates, the hours are counted back from 12:00 noon (on the date of departure). Example: If you want the pre-departure emails to be sent at 17:00 on the day before departure, you need to enter in the 'Time Range (hours)' field: 19, i.e. 19 hours before 12:00 noon on the date of departure. The emails are only sent for bookings with a "Checked-in" status.
- After departure - the number of hours after departure (fill in 0, if you desire email sending immediately after departure or enter 24, 48, etc. This way emails will be sent after 1, 2 or more days after departure); Emails will be sent for checked- out bookings only.
- After Cancellation - Now you can set up auto emailing for cancelled/no-show bookings.
If you wish to filter a certain booking type through the auto-send option:
Note: If the filter is left empty, it will not be used when determining if a message will be sent for a booking.
- Guarantee status filter. Using this filter, emails will be sent only for bookings having a certain Guarantee status. Available for Expected bookings only.
- Guarantee policies filter. The email will be sent only for bookings with the selected Guarantee policies.
- Room booking filter. If set to YES, the email will be sent for bookings with a room element (room type or room). If set to NO, it will be sent only for bookings without a room element.
- OTA booking filter. OTA bookings are the ones received through the automatic import of the channel manager. If for some reason, you have entered an OTA booking manually, you can send the respective emails for it manually.
- Credit card. The email will be sent to bookings that have the following credit card type (the Origin field of the credit card details). The term OTA is used for the virtual credit cards sent by the OTAs. The possible options are:
No Card. The email will be sent only if the booking have no credit card stored
Guest Only. The email will be sent only if all credit cards in the booking are marked as "Guest"
OTA Only. The email will be sent only if all credit cards in the booking are marked as "OTA"
Guest and OTA. The email will be sent regardless of the credit card types
- Use the In hotel from / In hotel to filters separately or in combination to filter the bookings for which emails are to be sent depending on guests' arrival and/or departure dates.
- Minimum stay and Max stay filters. Create different email templates to be sent to your guests with a longer or shorter period of stay using the Minimum stay and Max stay filters: Both filters work on the 'included' basis, i.e. if you set Minimum stay = 3 and Max stay = 6, emails will be sent for the bookings for: 3, 4, 5 and 6 nights. You can also use the filters separately, i.e. only the Minimum stay or Max stay.
- Marketing email acceptance filter. The email will be sent based on the guest preferences for marketing acceptance.
- Confirmed filter. If set to YES, the message will be sent only for confirmed bookings. If set to NO, it will be sent only for unconfirmed bookings. Please note that only the bookings from the WRS are automatically marked as confirmed at creation.
- Pre-checked-in. If set to YES, the email will be sent only for the bookings that have passed the online check-in procedure. If set to NO, the email will be sent only for the bookings not having passed this procedure.
- Use Included/Excluded companies filters to select to which companies the specific template to be or not to be sent.
- Included companies. In this case, the template will be sent for the bookings of the companies on this list.
- Excluded companies. In this case, the template will be sent for the bookings of all companies but the ones of the companies on this list.
- At the end press on the green button 'Create' to conclude the creation and setup of the necessary email template with an appropriate name.